Hyperbaric Therapy is generally a simple as well as painless treatment in which the patients find themselves to be comfortable and relaxing. The patients are treated in a secured hyperbaric chamber where a trained operator along with an attendant is assigned who operates the bar chamber. While entering the chamber, clients may either sit on a chair or the floor as per the doctor’s recommendation swearing comfortable clothes. The treatment session takes place in three stages respectively:
2. Treatment: At this stage, the client breathes the oxygen by placing over a mask over his head. The patient may rest or sleep as per the feature assigned in the chamber.
3. Decompression: This is the last stage where the treatment gets completed and the pressure is lowered slowly and gradually which makes the patient comfortable.
The session takes place for an hour or so. But a break of 3-4 hours is required in between two treatments.
How does the tissues get recovered in this treatment?
1. Oxygen is transported in the body where blood gets dissolved along with haemoglobin.
2. This dissolved oxygen then moves into the tissues and in the areas where the circulation is blocked which results in the recovery of cells.
3. The extra oxygen induces the ability of white blood cells to kill bacteria present in the cells in the body which in turn minimizes swelling.
4. This in turn allows new blood vessels to develop rapidly.
Thus, this hyperbaric oxygen therapyis beneficial for those who are suffering from severe and killing diseases and want to get a new life. This therapy has proved to be useful all over the world.